It never went anywhere, but I think that it just hasn't produce many viable
products. A lot of inventions at the maker faire are more whimsical than
practical. One really cool thing that they are doing is offering it in
foreign countries as well. For example there is a maker faire in Africa too.

I did love the inventor shows that were on the air for a while. I'm not sure
if there will be any on next season or not though. For example American
Inventor was like American Idol people brought in their ideas and the panel
of 4 successful experts (rich) who would compete to invest in their idea.
The problem with that show was many of the ideas presented were from people
that already had working companies but needed a push to the next level.
The BBC also had a show called Dragon's Den with a similar concept.

The problem is that the truly unique ideas are not getting exposure.