Smack talking is a huge part of this thing, especially when the opponents come
from completely different regions, times, and backgrounds; e.g., Europeans vs.
Asians or Africans. For example, an interesting thing I've noted is that the
African warriors always have a battle cry *before* the fight is closed. At
least, the two they've shown--Zende and Zulu--had cries. Sometimes the
opponents laugh at that. Others like the Spartans only utter the war cry
*after* the battle's won.

One of the oddest battles I've seen to date was Alexander the Great against
Atilla the Hun. I'm not so sure that, given how their abilities were presented,
the fight was all that convincing. I could easily see some argue it goes the
other way. The oddest to date--which I missed--was Jesse James vs. Al Capone.
Given the weaponry involved, I'd think Capone would have the advantage, even if
he wasn't a fighter. I guess in that case it'd depend on the terrain and how
they could use tactics to use it to their advantage.

Oh--and speaking of the Zulu's, the battle of William Wallace against Shaka was
interesting. They felt that Wallace's six-foot long Claymore sword was too much
of a barrier to be overcome. But I'm not sure just how quickly a man can swing
a Claymore. Given how fast Shaka was, I'd think he might be able to dodge it
and get inside it's swing. My understanding--movies notwithstanding--was that
the Claymore was actually used a lot simply to sweep and amputate the legs of
the enemy's horses as they charged by.

You can watch all the eps you missed online:
http://www.spike.com/show/31082?tabId=31138&fxn=getTabMembers