I own the Star Trek Technical manual sets for TNG and DS9, a couple of compendiums about the OS written by showrunners, and a great series of books called "The Nitpicker's Guide", where a nerdy dude spends all his time pointing out the plot flaws and scientific mistakes in the Trek shows. So yeah, I've got those measurements around. Off the top of my head, I believe the Enterprise NCC-1701 is about 820 feet long (stem to stern?)
I believe the NCC-1701D is around 1100 - 1200 feet long, but much, wider and taller than 1701 original. When TNG started, the creators used to say that Picard's ship was 5 - 7 times larger inside than Kirk's.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:06:41 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Fwd: Cool Star Trek Apartment

Mr Worf, there are specs out there on Enterprise's exact dimensions. I saw them once, but barely a glance. Keith might know more.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Mr. Worf <hellomahog...@gmail.com> wrote:

His house looks more like the engineering section than the crews bedroom. Has anyone done the real world math on how big the enterprise would have to be? Their bedrooms look pretty big.