From: "Kenneth" <kin...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:44:10 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Georgia Teacher Under Fire for Kids' Klan Robes

Keith,

That was on of the most profound explanations of the modern struggle for Civil
Rights and the importance of education of History as it pertains to the
Conservative/ Tea Party Movement and their argument against so-called Big
Goverment and for states rights. It does seem that so many people are in the
dark as to what the basis of the Conservative argument is (ie the Civil War).
It seems ironic that the party of Lincoln (who signed the Emancipation and
sought to initiate programs to somewhat balance the playing field for former
slaves), are now so adament against anything that would lift up people of color
and therfore all of America.Thank you for putting things into context.