From: "brent wodehouse" <brent_wodeho...@thefence.us>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 11:29:29 PM
Subject: [scifinoir2] [Far, Far Away Off Topic] Is 2010 New York City,
America's "Summer of Ass"?

:-)
----------------
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/07/is_2010_new_yor.php

Badonkadonk

Is 2010 New York City, America's "Summer of Ass"?

By Foster Kamer

Mon., Jul. 12 2010

The times, they change. The ebb and flow of the universe is simply
something to be gerneally understood as such, and nothing more. For every
action, there's an equal reaction. And for every physics law, there's a
metaphysical plane to apply it to that generally shows its face when you
look at it from the right direction at a certain point. Like this one.
>From behind. In other words:

In 2009, New York City, and the rest of America had the Summer of Death.

In 2010, New York City, and the rest of America has the Summer of Ass.

Because 2009 was the Summer, when, like, every celebrity died! And that's
sad. So America must be rewarded with something. The revitalized
popularity emerging for big derrieres -- an easily-achievable physical
feat, one may argue -- is, of course, society's natural karmic award for
bearing the pain of all those dead celebrities last year.

The New York Daily News didn't note this in their piece of the Summer of
Ass -- which, by the way, Runnin' Scared Dot Com would like to officially
get behind (heh) in a big way (heh, that's another big ass joke, right
there) -- but after much looking, and looking, and looking, and talking to
impressively-assed celebrities like Kim Kardashian, they think they've
unlocked the secret of the reemergence of the ample back-asset
[
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2010/07/12/2010-07-12_rearing_to_go_big_butts_are_summer_2010s_hottest_trend.html?page=1#ixzz0tTz6zgoG
 ]:

'Gone are the days of being ashamed of a wider bottom, with America
becoming more diverse amid shifting standards, according to Stylesight
trend analyst Sharon Graubard. "I think it's about the diversity of our
population and more accepted beauty, and a wider range of accepted
beauty," Graubard explains.'

Realize what a win-win situation this is for everyone:

* The Big-Bottomed: Pleased.
* The "Ass Men": Pleased.
* The Workout Industry: Pleased.
* The Food Industry: Pleased.
* The Ass-Accentuating Denim Industry: Pleased.
* Pat Kiernan: Pleased
[ http://www.patspapers.com/story_stack/item/everybody_likes_big_butts/ ].

Of all of society's ills, will the large-ass trend work to heal any of
them? Only time will tell. In the mean time, there's certainly one
marginalized group that may -- nay, must -- see something good yielded by
all of this:

* The "Booty Jam" Nostalgists.
Lest you not understand what a "Booty Jam" is, all you need to know is: It
is a song created for hyper-utilization by those with, um, big asses. And
hopefully, these songs will come back, because they are amazing.
Certainly, you can have your Sir Mix-A-Lot, you may have your "Apple
Bottom Jeans" and your Nelly, but ah, you don't know anything about Luke,
69 Boyz, and 2 Live Crew's heyday, until you experience it. Like this.