AMC is airing the pilot ep right now. I'm checking it out...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Johnson" <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:48:48 PM
Subject: [scifinoir2] Conspiracy Series "Rubicon" Debuts on AMC in August

Wow, another new cable series? Like I said before, there's so much on TNT, AMC,
FX, USA, and the premium channels, you almost don't have to watch the Big Three
(Four?)  In fact, I think just about all of my fav shows are on cable: Burn
Notice, Warehouse 13, Eureka, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains. The broadcast
channels have some I like, such as "The Good Guys", "Friday Night Lights",
"Numb3rs".  I still don't know much about "Rubicon", but its being on AMC bodes
well. Who knew that AMC had set a record for number of consecutive Drama Emmy
awards?

http://www.amctv.com/originals/Rubicon/about

AMC's NEWEST ORIGINAL SERIES: RUBICON

AMC production on Rubicon , its newest original drama series, began on Monday,
March 29 in New York City.  The show is a conspiracy thriller starring James
Badge Dale (who earlier this year headlined HBO’s The Pacific ) as an analyst
at a New York City-based federal intelligence agency who is thrown into a story
where nothing is as it appears to be. Henry Bromell ( Homicide, Chicago Hope,
Brotherhood ) has signed on as showrunner. The one-hour, 13-episode weekly
series is produced by Warner Horizon Television and premieres this summer.
(Click here to watch a sneak preview of Rubicon .)

" Rubicon is an incredible story about trust and power born out of the desire
to find a way to capture the intensity and mystery of the best conspiracy
thrillers in a series. It is a show that appeals to everyone who has some
skepticism about the relationship between big business and our government,
which we think is pretty much everybody,” said Joel Stillerman, SVP of original
programming, production and digital content for AMC. “Our stellar cast and
creative team allow us to continue to present premium television on basic
cable."

The series cast includes James Badge Dale ( The Pacific, The Departed ),
Oscar®-nominated actress Miranda Richardson ( Sleepy Hollow ), Dallas Roberts (
Walk the Line, Flicka, The L Word ), Jessica Collins ( The Nine, CSI: Crime
Scene Investigation ), Christopher Evan Welch ( Vicky Cristina Barcelona ),
Lauren Hodges ( Law & Order ), and Arliss Howard ( Full Metal Jacket, Natural
Born Killers, The Sandlot ).

AMC’s Stillerman along with Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted
development and current programming and Jeremy Elice, vice president of
original programming, will oversee the development and production of the new
drama. Rubicon’s pilot was produced in New York City and was directed by
acclaimed film and television helmer Allen Coulter ( The Sopranos,
Hollywoodland, Damages, Nurse Jackie ) and Kerry Orent ( Michael Clayton,
Rescue Me ) is the producer.

Greenlit to a full series order in June 2009, Rubicon marks AMC’s third
original series.  In summer 2007, AMC debuted its first original drama Mad Men
, which went on to receive unprecedented critical acclaim and garner
history-making awards recognition, including back-to-back Emmy and the only
series to ever win the Golden Globe, three times in a row, for best drama
series on television. The series returns for a fourth season this summer. In
January 2008, AMC premiered its second original series, Breaking Bad , which
landed on countless critics' top ten lists and also won back-to-back Emmy
Awards for outstanding lead actor for Bryan Cranston’s portrayal of lead
character Walter White. The series returned for its third season on March 21.

About AMC
AMC reigns as the only network to ever win the Golden Globe® Award for Best
Television Series - Drama three years in a row and the only basic cable network
to win back-to-back Primetime Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Drama Series.
Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade from the most
comprehensive library or creating acclaimed original productions, the AMC
experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories.  AMC's original
stories include the Emmy® Award-winning dramas Mad Men and Breaking Bad , and
insightful non-scripted programming such as AMC News.  AMC further demonstrates
its commitment to the art of storytelling with curated movie franchises like
AMC Hollywood Icon and AMC Complete Collection.  Available in more than 95
million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC is a subsidiary of Rainbow
Media Holdings LLC, which includes sister networks IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv
and Wedding Central.  AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air,
online, on demand and mobile.  AMC: Story Matters HereSM.