"... but I have to wonder why or how they continued to make these movies.

(Outside of my theory that most movies are made to launder dirty money)."

rave, you've hit the nail on the head! Also explains the U_e B__l
Phenomenon...

--
"If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant