I'm very curious to see how his Chicago street diction, coupled with a
promising but still developing acting ability, will work in the role of a
former slave.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:02:24 AM
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Common To Portray Bi-Racial Former Slave In New TV
Series

Another one for the viewing list, Mr Worf.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Mr. Worf < hellomahog...@gmail.com > wrote:

    • Email
    • Print
    • Sphere

Series

By The Urban Daily July 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Common

Common got his S.A.G. card. Baby, he’s an actor.

After appearing in roles in the Steve Carrell/Tina Fey comedy Date Night and
starring opposite Queen Latifah in Just Wright , Common is looking to
transition from movie roles to television.

The rapper, who is probably making way more loot from these acting roles than
for his albums, has been cast in the upcoming AMC network’s television western
series “Hell On Wheels.” Common will portray Elam, a freed half-white,
half-black slave in the show which centers around the building of the
Transcontinental Railroad. “Common brings a layered intensity to a very complex
role,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s VP of programming. “This part required
someone who can transcend the stereotypes of the period and bring the character
to life in a truly unique way, and he brings that.