From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: "SciFiNoir2" <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:58:45 PM
Subject: [scifinoir2] Microsoft's Not-So-Secret Plan to Cripple Windows XP

Microsoft isn't particularly pleased about the continuing success of Windows
XP, which has more than twice the installed base of Windows Vista and 7 put
together. So it's trying its hardest to kill the operating system that won't
die, including refusing to issue security patches for XP SP2, putting many XP
users at risk. Is that the right way to get people to upgrade?

More at:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/202612/microsofts_notsosecret_plan_to_cripple_windows_xp.html?tk=nl_wbx_h_crawl1

--
"If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant