This, I'll believe ten seconds after I see it...

Android Phones Can Substitute for Supercomputers

   - By Priya Ganapati
<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/author/pganapati/> [image:
   Email Author] <priya_ganap...@wired.com>
   - August 20, 2010  |
   - 1:56 pm  |
   - Categories: R&D and
Inventions<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/category/rd_and_inventions/>
   -

  There’s an app for almost everything. Now add one that can run
calculations from a supercomputer on a Nexus One phone in real time and
without the need for internet connectivity.

Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Texas Advanced
Computing Center have created an Android app that can take simulations from
the powerful Ranger supercomputer and solve them further on the mobile
phone.

“The idea of using a phone is to show we can take a device with one chip and
low power to compute a solution so it comes as close to the one solved on a
supercomputer,” John Peterson, a research associate at the Texas Advanced
Computing Center, told Wired.com.

Read More
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/08/supercomputing-app-android/#ixzz0xHnCVsrE

--
"If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant