Good question. I think that it was probably around for a few years. They
were hinting at stuff like this for a while. They have been doing a lot of
precog type software work, as well as interesting AI / psychosis research.
The story itself is pretty old.

 I remember reading the requirements for a major at San Francisco State a
while back that was a psychology / computer science/ engineering degree.
(Finish it and you would have a MA in all 3.) There were a couple of others.
The only job that I could think of for that combination had to be AI
research.