I read the "Pickwick Papers" when I was ten.  Loved it!  I haven't
read any of the "Potter" books.  I will have my resident "Pothead"
read the "Papers" and see what he thinks.

~rave!

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm reading through one of her Harry Pothead novels and I keep
saying
> to myself--boy but this is familiar and I get a flash.  I get "The
> Pickwick Papers" by Charles Dickens and I see where your gal comped
> her strut from.
>
> Now of course some people will jump to her defense and say that
> nowhere in Dickens is mentioned Hogwarts or Muggwumps but she is
not
> that clumsy.
>
> Dickens!  Read Pickwick or Oliver Twist or a Christmas Carol and
you
> get the spirit and the beat--

Community email addresses:
Post message: SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe Digest Mode: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SciFiNoir_Lit/
Yahoo! Groups Links