Thanks, Rave.
Yes, I'm soooo happy. Contract for the first is signed and she sent
me the blurb for it which she wants to put into the catalog. I added
a little suggestion and returned it.

This was the final blurb:
Despite all odds and not entirely to her liking, Satha, a dark-
skinned woman from the poor Theseni clan weds young Loic, the wealthy
Doreni son of the king's First Captain. Loic, graced with the ability
to see into the hearts and minds of others, begins to help Satha
overcome much of the sorrow in her life. Despite coming from
different tribes, they begin to forge a life together. But Satha's
own compassion is used against her when a treacherous enemy contrives
to dishonor her in Loic's absence. His love turns to anger and
disgust and his heart is hardened against her. Embittered, Loic must
still avenge his honor and Satha's as he sets out on a journey that
brings despair as well as spiritual discovery. Battling him are the
Arkhai, the spirits of the land who know his quest will lead him
towards the God whose position they have usurped. After his
departure, Satha is kidnapped and sold into slavery. She learns,
first hand, how cruel the pioneering Angleni can be. They both face
great hardship, danger, and anguish apart, but with the Creator's aid
there remains hope they will be reunited and heal the love the world
has torn asunder.

I don't much like the hook, though:

She is enslaved in her own land. He is blessed by God, but a rebel
against the spirits. Estranged from each other, are both destined to
become strangers in their own land?

Right now I'm racing away trying to cut 33,000 words. That's 120
pages. It's pretty easy so far because I tend to be redundant when I
write and I have trouble leaving a scene when it's served its
purpose. So this really is helping me and I haven't had to toss any
scenes I really love, just tighten and stop repeating myself. Am
hoping it'll be as easy throughout. She's already given me to big
suggestions and I've fulfilled one -- making the hero's arc more
clear-- and now I have to write the sex scene. She wants a
fulfillment of the MC's marriage before female MC is stolen and sold
into slavery to the pioneers. So am trying to work on that.

Hope all is well in your neck o the woods. -C

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM