1.   Name:
Marlin May

2.   Location:
Lowell, MA

3.   Nickname/ Alias:
You'll see me around the net as "Zentinal".  Most Zentinals are me,
for example I'm Zentinal Zisky in SL, but alas, not all Zentinals are
me. If you see a Zentinel, with an "e", it definitely isn't me.

4.   Favorite Speculative Fiction Genres:
Hard SF
Cyberpunk
60's / 70's New Wave
Whatever else tickles my fancy.  The bigger the ideas, the better.

5.   Favorite Speculative Fiction Books:
The Stars My Destination
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Stars in My Pockets Like Grains of Sand
Babel 17
The Einstein Intersection
Stand on Zanzibar
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
The Illuminatus Trilogy
Towing Jehovah
Blameless in Abaddon
The Eternal Footman
Brother to Demons, Brother to Gods
The Ultimax Man
Man Plus
and on
and on

6.   Favorite Speculative Fiction Authors:
Samuel Delany
James Morrow
David Brin
George Zebrowski
John Brunner
Jack Williamson
William Gibson
Robert Forward
Greg Bear
and so on
and so on

7.   Favorite Speculative Fiction Characters:
Green Lantern - John Stewart
Aragorn
John Sheridan
Bron Helstrom
Damocles Montgomerie

8.   Favorite Speculative Fiction Film or TV Adaptation of a Book:
Bladerunner
Akira
2001
Forbidden Planet
The Fifth Element
Memento

9.   Topics of importance to you:
Transhumanism
Genetic Engineering
Communications, Telecommunications and the The Noosphere
Economic Development
Space Development / Colonization

10.  Your views on how people of color are depicted in Speculative
Fiction:
Underrepresented, of course.

11.  Your own published works, if any:
none

12.  Your web site:
see below

13.  Your Speculative Fiction Pet Peeves: more on this later

14.  Memberships in science fiction clubs:
NESFA
LASFS

15.  Anything else you think is important:
I'm not an academic, at least not a professional academic.  I have
been reading science fiction, science fact, and a smattering of
fantasy for over 40 of my (soon to be) 47 years.  I've joined this
list after reading about it
here - http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2007/07/31/
race_the_final_frontier/ - I then had to run out to grab the paper.
I've got to chew on it a bit before I blog about it.

Marlin
http://www.doublefeature.com/unconventionaut/
http://www.newears.org  - on hiatus
yahoo! messenger = zentinal