Armadillio con is in Austin, Texas.  That's why I'm considering it.  It's a lot
closer.

Think Galactic is in Chicago which is just a train ride away for me.  I'm lucky
there.

There are a lot of writers in your area.  I'm surprised there is not a local
con there. Did you check http://www.locusmag.com/Conventions.html