On Jan 6, 2012, at 17:39 , Olivier Grisel wrote:

> 2012/1/6 Vlad Niculae <zephy...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello all, especially Fabian.
>>
>> I've noticed that the new examples still don't show up in
>> scikit-learn.org/dev/, in particular the multi-label one that I'd like to
>> show off. Can somebody address this?
>>
>> Sorry if this should be discussed somewhere else.
>
> I think we should switch the doc hosting to github-page, at least for
> the dev version. There is such as simple utility script in the
> tutorial repo:

I like this idea a lot. I see two issues with this. One is that devs with
different setups might end up pushing slightly different docs online every
time. For example I think that some of the devs don't have latex configured.

The second is that scikit-learn.github.com will always be the dev version and
this might be confusing for users. We might need to add a warning:

Warning: This is the website for the development version of scikit-learn. You
might want the documentation for the latest stable release.

And also make sure that the users get redirected from scikit-learn.github.com
to scikit-learn.org/dev/ or else it will be confusing.

> The goal being: we should have a "make github-dev" handy in the
> `doc/Makefile` to quickly update the online version whenever a
> developer pushes documentation fixes on master. Being able to quickly
> publish the results of documentation contribution gives a great
> incentive to the developers to actually work on improving the
> documentation.

+1 on this point, our textbook will be even more dynamic

> It should be possible to point our domain name to the github pages:
>
>  http://pages.github.com/#custom_domains

I think Alex has a similar setup (a CNAME entry I guess) but I'm not sure.