Peter Wu:

> What I really want is to start an independant
> msdos shell from the menu "Tools" -> "start MSDOS shell".
> I mean add "start msdos shell" under "tools". It is just a
> convenient way for doing things from SciTE.

command.name.3.*=start msdos shell
command.3.*=cmd /c start
command.mode.3.*=savebefore:no,subsystem:shellexec

> Would it be possible to have Ch included? :)

   I have added it in but commented out.

> Many languages might have their own IDEs. Ch doesn't have IDE.
> We can promote Scite to Ch users.

   You can distribute your own customised SciTE like other language
communities do with extra scripts for Ch, Ch made into the default
language and with its extensions in the default file filter.

> What happends if the user selects Ch from menu.language?

   Choices will be made pretending that the file has the extension ch.

> Does it go with ch.property for the language syntax highlighting?

   The .properties files are not selected by the current file. All the
.properties files that are imported in SciTEGlobal.properties are
active and interfere with each other. It is up to the user or
distributer to ensure that the settings work together.

> Does it mean that ch.property overwrites cpp.property for the opened file?

   It depends on the ordering and whether the settings are an exact
match. If the names are an *exact* match then a later setting
overrides an earlier one. However, if you have

file.patterns.ch=*.ch;*.chf;*.chs
file.patterns.c.like=*.cpp;*.h;*.ch;*.chf;*.chs
command.go.$(file.patterns.ch)=ch $(FileNameExt)
command.go.$(file.patterns.c.like)=ChooseRunner.bat $(FileNameExt)

   Then the result of trying to run x.ch is one or the other. You
can't tell which without trying it.

> You mean that for a C/Ch file such as "myfile", it will assume that
> this file has the extension ".ch" if we select the language from
> menu.language.

   Yes.

   Neil