Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> Lionel B wrote:
>> This is precisely why I find scitecmd useful: generally I don't want
>> one instance only... but sometimes I do want an application to open
>> a tab rather than a new instance (an example is a perl script I run
>> as a user tool which locates the definition of the symbol under the
>> cursor, then opens the source file containing that definition).  
>> 
>> scitecmd gives the best of both worlds: the /option/ to open in a
>> new tab when multiple instances are enabled. 
> 
> Well, that's why I spent lot of time to define a usable option with
> "Open Files Here" menu item: if you uncheck it, you can open a new
> instance of SciTE, which will accept by default all newly opened files
> if check.if.already.open=1. You can still uncheck it and open a new
> session, etc. If you check the option on one of the running instances,
> it will accept the newly opened files.
> 
> The only annoyance is that if you prefer opening in new instances by
> default, you have to uncheck the option each time, as if you have
> check.if.already.open=0, I assume you will always want separate
> instances, so you cannot check the menu.

Yes, that's a killer for me.

> Perhaps this can be changed, but if the option is 0, SciTE won't look
> for other instances.

Hence the usefulness (to me) of scitecmd :-)

-- 
Lionel B



_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to