Neil Hodgson wrote:

Robert Roessler:

No, I am not hallucinating... but it seems to be a *very* specific
problem: take (or create) a file with 2 lines (i.e., one EOL
sequence), data on the 1st line... select the 1st by holding shift and
cursor down - Del key, and exit ("X", Alt-F4, File-menu-Exit, etc)...
and you are out of SciTE with NO questions asked.

   OK, this was caused by a recent inversion of a test for an untitled
buffer (as empty untitled buffers are destroyed without warning) and
should only occur if the buffer is made empty. I have committed a fix
but don't consider the problem important enough to make a new release:
the bug is only avoiding a save of an empty buffer, so the bug is
unlikely to lead to a loss of data.

Indeed - it leads to an unexpected *retention* of data. :)

I ran into this when I was following the instructions for uninstalling FlashBlock for Mozilla - I was supposed to remove any lines having to do with FlashBlock from userContent.css - and the only non-empty line in the file was a FlashBlock line...

BTW, I was only uninstalling FlashBlock to prepare for installing a new release - it is a *very* useful piece of software.

Robert Roessler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.rftp.com