Peter Wu:

> I added the following item to "locale.properties":
> Launch Ch Shell=translated_language_interpretion_here
>
> but it doesn't do the conversion when I start scite.
> is there a way to do the language conversion for this new
> added menu item?

   locale.properties allows localisation of text that is otherwise
hard-coded into the SciTE executable. User commands are present in
.properties files which may be localised by the user. You may change
the text in cpp.properties or the User Options file.  It may be an OK
enhancement to allow locale.properties to affect user commands.

   Neil