Ervin Peters:

> So I tried to open scite on rachmaninov using x-server diplay on
> localhost/redmagic - the display I'm looking at.

   I'm not very knowledgeable about X and remote use although I have
managed to use SciTE remotely in the past.

> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 25989 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()

   You could attempt to follow its recommendations here and produce a
stack trace that would tell us more.

> while opening a menue in scite.

   Presumably you are able to do other things such as type. I don't
think there is any SciTE code running when you pull down a top level
menu, only toolkit code. The context menu is running SciTE code.

   Neil