On Thu, 4 May 2006 21:25:34 +1000
"Neil Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Ervin Peters:
>
>> I found an interresting bugreport, reminding me that I upgraded to
>> gtk-2.8.12 the same weekend as switching to utf-8:
>
>   Did you rebuild SciTE completely after upgrading to 2.8.12?

I'm using gentoo and scite is always build completely. I'm runnig
updates once or twice a week so it is a nearly uptodate gentoo
x86, means stable, sytem.

The other thing I've changed little time ago was switching to gcc-3.4.5.
After that I rebuild the System completely.

But, it seems that it is some complex problem. After I changed a few
forgotten conf items to match utf-8 the count of segfaults seemed to
decrease, but still appear.
The last time I edited some sql-functions, wanted to write down
'SELECT * FROM articlegroups;
and scite segfaults reproduceable at releasing the left shift key at
the 'FROM'.

Maybe you give a short advice in debugging, I'm not familiar with
debugging with gdb yet, but I'll look at it if i find the time.

> There are now several of these reports from newer distributions.

VoilĂ .

> I've performed my quota of full Linux beta installations for the year
> so don't want to upgrade until a VMWare virtual appliance appears
> with an updated GTK+.

Oh. Obviously you do not use one of those uptodate Linux/*bsd distros
for everyday work.

>   Neil

Ervin Peters
Auf dem Steinberge 14