Felix Kater:

when I enable utf-8 and also the dynamic popups for already typed words
(don't know how you call them) and if the popup tries to display an
*existing/listed* word with the german umlaut u (with two dots) I get:

(scite:8921): Pango-Warning **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

  The code that is finding the similar words in the text does not
understand UTF-8, only byte value characters so stops when it finds a
byte that is not in the list of word characters. This then presents
half of a UTF-8 character to the list show code which then fails. Its
unlikely I'll fix this.

  Neil