mitchell:

I notice in win32/, there is a SciTEWin.h so SciTEWin.cxx, SciTEWinDlg.cxx, and SciTEWinBar.cxx can be separated instead of creating one huge SciTEWin.cxx file.

I don't think that this has actually been a good split as its not really obvious which file a piece of functionality is going to be in. Having a single .cxx file for a class would be easier to navigate.

However SciTEGTK.cxx is one huge file. I don't have enough knowledge of SciTE/C++ to separate the class definitions for a SciTEGTK.h in order to create a new SciTEGTKPM.cxx, a project manager/file browser that could be potentially lengthy.

It would be better to find a sensible way to break the classes up and then represent this structure in the headers.

   Neil