Hi,

So the rhetorical question is, how do I debug this? My Linux experience is really limited, heck I cannot even find where aliases are set nor change one to suit my preferences. Well I can type in the command, but I want to put it into my start up script - which I did - but it does not 'take'.

I would recompile Scintilla and SciTE with the DEBUG=1 option, then run 'gdb SciTE', press 'r' and enter to run SciTE, and if it still segfaults, gdb will let you know and you can enter the 'back' command to show a backtrace of what happened.

You can still run 'gdb SciTE' without the DEBUG flag, but you cannot look into and step through the source code; it still shows the backtrace and what happened where though.

-Mitchell;

April