This message bounced so I'm going to add a few comments in here also to
save some room in your mailboxes :)

I have combined the code from the penguinteam's i2c driver with that of
Carlos's.  I have the driver here on my machine and in fact it works with
pcsc-lite.  Unfortunately, only the read function works at this time.
There is a really strange issue with the write function.  It seems to be
overlapping at page boundaries on the card.  If anyone is interested in the
code I would be glad to hand it out.  Plus I have a little QT GUI app for
reading i2c cards if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Dave

>    MR> For the i2c-protocol there is another library written by the
>    MR> "Towitoko Driver Project". For more information on that you
>    MR> should have a look at
>    MR> http://www.penguinteam.org/towitoko. Matthias Bruestle wrote a
>    MR> library that supports every Chipdrive family reader beside
>    MR> others and can handle synchronous protocols iirc. But I
>    MR> couldnĄt find the right URL. He is reading this list, maybe he
>    MR> tells you :) I wrote my own lib that implements only
>    MR> T=1. There has been one release only yet and it had a lot of
>    MR> bugs.  I didnĄt had the time to finish work on the next
>    MR> version, especially on the documentation.
>
>Matthias' project lives at http://www.franken.de/crypt/scez.html
>But that one doesn't seem to handle synchronous protocols, either.
>
>However, it looks like the basic API for memory cards (Read/Write) is
>already defined in pcsc(-lite). It seems to rely on reader-specific IFD
>routines -- and none of the reader drivers I checked implements these
>:-(
>
> However, since the penguinteam project mentioned above includes an
>i2c library for towitoko readers, perhaps somebody could figure out how
>to put these together...
>
>Regards,
>Jan

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University

1008 Cherry Lane                                MUSCLE Smartcard Developers
West Lafayette, IN 47906                        http://www.linuxnet.com
765-463-0096                                    317-514-4797

If you can't make it work - at least make it look good.  ~ Bill Gates, M$