Hello,

I removed the card driver from the web site because it worked with the old
pcsc.  It was written in C++, used STL, and a bunch of other bloated and
unportable stuff so I got rid of it.

This is what I was asking the other day.  Does anyone on the list think it
would be appropriate to create a C API for card abstraction such as:

SCardDirectory
SCardCreateFile
SCardValidate
SCardInvalidate

instead of the C++ API that Microsoft describes for card abstraction ?  All
the crypto stuff will be done in PKCS-11.  Or I can use the Microsoft C++
API but avoiding STL's and other nasty things.  The Microsoft API is the
ISCardFileAccess class.  I will probably keep pcsc-lite as it is and make
the SSP provider it's own middleware that uses pcsc-lite as a plugin to
keep things pretty modular.

I'll try to have something ready by next week and a SSP driver that works
with the Schlumberger Cryptoflex card ( I know it the best ).

Best Regards,
Dave

>I made sure that "test" in pcsc-lite works on my RedHat-6.1.  Wow. :)
>
>One thing I noticed was that there was no "card driver" posted on
>the MUSCLE web site.  I think I saw a driver for Cyberflex Access
>there ... why did you remove it?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Concentration .. Naomaru Itoi
>Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
>(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
>http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University

1008 Cherry Lane                                MUSCLE Smartcard Developers
West Lafayette, IN 47906                        http://www.linuxnet.com
765-463-0096                                    765-427-5147 cellular