Hi,

First of all, Cyberflex DES has a little problem.  Look at:

http://smartie.austin.apc.slb.com/forums/cybacjavadefload/66.html

> Hi all,
>
> is there anyone with a few time to help me with my fist steps with this card
> ?
> I've just a few questions:
>
> a) I've read from the docs about "key files":
>       0011 external key file
>       0001 internal key file
>       0012 secret key file
>       1012 public key file
>   Are these the only files usable for the EXTERNAL & INTERNAL AUTHENTICATE
>   cmds, or not ? What is the rule of the "key number (key_nb)" parameter
>   in such files and in the commands (if it uses always these files, it
>   does not need any number ?!?)
>   I need analogous explations about the second 2 files.

Each key file contains a number of keys.  key_nb is an index of a key
in the file.

> b) In order to do a INT/EXT AUTHENTICATE for a DES key, for example,
>    what should I take as initial parameters for the algorythm
>    (the IVs) ?
>
> c) I was said the card should be able to SIGN something using the
>    INT/EXT AUTH. cmds, specifying RSA as algo. Is it right ?

I have not done internal / external authentication.

I can help you about DES more if you want, but not with in/ex auth.

Thanks.

--
Concentration .. Naomaru Itoi