Hi,

A couple of things:

First I will be releasing a new version of pcsc-lite this week (maybe
today)  This will have the fixes needed to use the OCF->PC/SC library that
I will release hopefully this weekend.  (I'm working on IBM to Open Source
it - we will see)  This will then give you a Java API which abstracts all
the multi-application stuff and crypto stuff so you will be able to jump
right in and begin programming for multi-application cards.  The PCSC Lite
API will always remain the same ( I may add functions but the others won't
change ) so you can still use all your old applications with new releases.
This version will fix some protocol negotiation problems/etc.

Also, I am curious if there is a smartcard reader manufacturer out there
that has drivers for Windows 2000.  I'm preferably looking for a drive-bay
reader but I suppose any will do.  The University here asked me to do a
talk and demo for about 26 workstations to show Win2000 GINA to some
incoming students.

Hope everything is going well.  Please let me know if you have any
questions or suggestions.

Best Regards,
Dave

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University

1008 Cherry Lane                                MUSCLE Smartcard Developers
West Lafayette, IN 47906                        http://www.linuxnet.com
765-463-0096                                    765-427-5147 cellular