David Corcoran wrote:

> 1)  All transmitted APDU's will have a trailing 8 byte hash or checksum. I
> may also have another hash on the response where the response not only has
> the received hash from the response but also the transmittal hash so that
> the application can link that response with the transmitted apdu by
> comparing the hash received with the one sent.

As the transport protocol used for RPC is usually TCP, and TCP ensures the
integrity of the transmitted data, I think a checksum won't be useful at
all. Things are different with UDP of course, but I prefer to use TCP.

Regards,

--
Olivier Jeannet - POS Servers team
"Windoz disaster recovery isn't all that difficult.  Just follow the