Hello,

I'm almost finished making pcsc-lite support both the old and new IFD
Handler specification.  It basically searches your shared library for
specific functions and switches depending on your implementation.  It will
be able to do both methods if you want.

Also, I'm adding support through SCardControl for reader dependencies.  On
the client end I will (in the future) provide loading support for IFD
Handler service providers described in the PC/SC 2.0 specs.  This will
allow you to use readers with PIN pads, biometrics, etc in an abstract form.

I also have a good headway on Mac OS X.  Everything compiles and seems to
work OK.  Drivers will be compiled as bundles and there is a dyn_macosx.c
that has to be included to make this work and a Makefile.osx.

I'm only taking 1 class this summer so I have a bit of time to work on this.

Please let me know if you have any comments/questions.

Regards,
Dave

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
765 - 427 - 5147                                http://www.linuxnet.com