Hi all,

we developed some modules to integrate smartcards (actually only
Schlumberger cyberflex access) into the OpenCA project (Open
Certification Authority), using PCSC-Lite.

- PKCS11 Module for Netscape:
When requesting a certificate, you can choose to store key & certificate
on the card.

- PAM Module for system administrators:
You can install this module to enable smartcard-based authentication of
users, provided that they
have a valid certificate from OpenCA (or even another certification
authority).

- Interactive command line shell
Allows you to browse smartcard contents, control every file attributes,
invoke cryptographic commands on the card, etc...

I set up a project on Sourceforge, so please take a look at

  http://smartsign.sourceforge.net

where you can find the downloadable tgz of the package.

Please, note that the project is at its very first release, so if any
voluntary
wants to try it and give me a feedback, I'd be happy.

Bye,

        Tommaso Cucinotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>