I think that there is some confusion here between the ISO specs and the
CardOS documentation that you originaly asked about.  I was looking for the
same information, and I was told that the document is not on general release
as the 44C80 is a security device and the document has a lot of security
infomation in it. You will have to sign your soul to Siemens to get a copy
of this. However, I would have thought that without knowing what the
application is doing you're not going to get much from the card !!!

The CardOS web site has some information which may be useful and there are
contact addresses.

http://www.siemens.com/sbs/en/offerings/services/SmartCard/Products/cardos_m
4.html

On the subject of ISO standards, I was quoted £300 for 7816-1 to 5 from my
local ISO outlet. This works out to about £1 a page. I thought the idea of
standards was that everybody has (free) access to them, so that everybody
can develop to the same specifications. A small cost to cover printing and
shipping would be acceptable, but I think the current price is a rip off for
would-be developers. Am I alone on this ?

Richard

Richard Powell
Systems Architect

Siemens Business Services UK