On 29 Sep 00, at 15:32, Michael Ruf wrote:

> I am trying to detect the cardtype& size with CTAPI (reset - > atr) but this
> only works with smartcards not with memorycards. Is there a posibility to
> get the size of a memorycard ?

I guess, that this topic is reader dependent, but possibly the
implementation of the Siemens-Nixdorf/Siemens/Smart Solutions
B1 reader gives a clue (untested):
Memory cards are addressed via three files, data file (fid=0x3f01)
attribute file (fid=0x3f81) and an optional password file (fid=0x3f82).
While the data file is implicitely selected after reset, it should be
possible to do an explicit "select file" command. According to the
documentation this returns the current size in the 1st and the
allocated size in the 2nd word of the response.

I'd  expect at least one of these to be the desired size...

Guido Treutwein
Siemens ICM CD IS SW D2