From: Ludovic Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TLP driver for Linux and Windows (C, Perl, Mathematica)>

Hello,

We (some people at Gemplus R&D) have developed a smart card reader
driver. The goals of this driver are to be very simple and portable.
Another goal was to use only public information to be able to release
the source code.

The driver uses the TLP protocol (Transport Layer Protocol). This
protocol is old and limited in some ways but works great for what we
needed.

It has nothing to do with PC/SC. We wanted a very simple and easy to use
API.

The driver is written in C and exists for Linux and Windows. It should
be easy to port it to other Unixes or other platforms.

We also have written layers above this C driver to use it under
Mathematica and Perl 5. Examples of source code are available on the web
site.

We provide a Debian package for Linux i386, and RedHat and tgz packages
derived form the Debian package.

Please send any comment on this code (positive or negative).

The URL is http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/tlp_drivers/

Thank you for your attention.

--
Ludovic Rousseau
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus/Information Security Team

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
765 - 427 - 5147                                http://www.linuxnet.com