Hello,

This could be a number of different things.

The Reflex reader is a 'smart' reader and buffers commands.  Some versions
of the access cards did not have a large enough WWT in the ATR to cover
commands which might take some time.  If Tomas is using an Access card to
develop smartsign and a reflex 62 you might swap ATR's and see the
difference in cards.

The Error Communicating to Reflex 62 is happenning because the card status
thread can no longer talk to the reader.  Either the reader is in a spin
loop waiting for data from the card and the driver timed out or too much
data was received and somehow the driver got corrupt.

You shouldn't be able to do a read binary on the private key file 0012
depending on the priveledges but I would imagine the card would return 2
bytes to notify this.

You might try modifying the code to try and read binary smaller amounts
instead of FF you might try a lower number just to try and track down the
problem.

Best Regards,
Dave

>Hi,
>
>I'm using smartsign.
>I've pcsc-lite-0.7.8.tar.gz, smartsign-2000_07_03-11_17.tgz,
>and slb_rf60-drv-current.tar.gz
>
>I've a schlumberger Reflex 60 smart card reader and a cyberflex access
>smart card.
>
>I've compiled pcsc with  rpc support.
>
>Smartsign seems to work well.
>With smarsh, the smartsign shell I can do an "ls".
>
>The problems comes when I try do read a binary file.
>these are the steps I do with smartsh:
>
>cmd: reset
>Reader     Schlumberger Reflex 62
>Status     34
>protocol   01
>reader_len 23
>ATR        3B 16 94 81 10 06 01 81 2F
>Reader     Schlumberger Reflex 62
>Status     34
>protocol   01
>reader_len 23
>ATR        3B 16 94 81 10 06 01 81 2F
>ATR = 3B 16 94 81 10 06 01 81 2F
>Ok.
>
>cmd: vk 0 ad9f61fefa20ce63
>key_bytes = 'ad9f61fefa20ce63'
>key_nb = '0'
>OK: SUCCESS
>

>cmd: ga 0012
>File-ID = '0012'
>Default: FF
>CHV1   : FF
>CHV2   : 00
>AUT0   : FF
>AUT1   : 00
>AUT2   : 00
>AUT3   : 00
>AUT4   : 00
>
>cmd: test
>Generating new RSA 512 key pair ...
>Setting key#3 on 0x0012 ...
>Error: Unknown error !
>Error: Couldn't ReadBinary() key file !
>Error: SetKey() failed !
>Error: SetKeyPrvRSA() failed !
>
>>From pcscd I have:
>
>winscard.c 812: SCardTransmit: Send Protocol: 0
>[0005] -> 00 b0 00 00 ff
>[0001] <- 00
>eventhandler.c 123: EHSpawnEventHandler: Error communicating to:
>Schlumberger Reflex 62
>

>It seems to me that I can't read that binary file, "test" tries to read
>the 0x0012 file:
>
>if (SendCmd(0x00, INS_READ_BINARY, offset / 256, offset % 256, (uchar)
>partial, buf + offset, R) != SCU_OK)
>       ERRORE("Read Binary !\n");
>
>and from the logs of smartsh_log
>Sending APDU: 00 B0 00 00 FF ...
>NO DATA Received !!
>
>So, I don't have an answer.
>SendCmd calls:
>rv = SCardTransmit(hCard, SCARD_PCI_T0, cmd, apdu_len, &sRecvPci, temp_buf,
>                       &dwRecvLength);
>
>lr = dwRecvLength;
>       if (lr >= 2) {
>       }
>       else MyLog(0, "NO DATA Received !!\n");
>

>I don't know how to proceed, I'm a novice in this field,
>I need some hints to resolve this problem.
>
>Thanks
>       Christian Del Rosso

>Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
> [...]

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
765 - 427 - 5147                                http://www.linuxnet.com