Hi folks,

David Corcoran schrieb:

> >I have here a driver for the Reflex 20, which is in beta state.
> >The Reflex 20 is a SmartSwap 2. This driver has been written by
> >Christian at convergence. I wanted to get this more stable and with
> >a better user-space/kernel-space interface, but had so far not

So do I...

> >much time. What I can say is, that it does not work with pcmcia_ca
> >version *.21 (which I have installed) and that I haven't found,
> >why. It is probably the same problem as with the GemPC400 driver.
> >(Where can I get the new GemPC400 driver?) My local PCMCIA guru
> >promissed me, that he has in december some time to look trough
> >the pcmcia driver.

I have taken this GemPC400 code for my pcmcia_3.0.14_cs-interface to do
not a proprietary coding...

Sorry, I haven't told you that i used the very old pcmcia_cs_3.0.14
package with the reflex20_cs.o code I have developed till sept2001. We
have to patch against the old pcmcia_cs_3.014 from the new
..._3.1.23-package?
Yes, the user space code - my reflex20.o doesn't work in the right way
becauce of a problem of interpret to the ct-api/pc/sc-api i didn't
managed because i only was to write the kernel mode driver in the Card
Service Package!
Sorry, Matthias I did not answer to you before, but we should make this
final...

But David Corcoran did not react on my mail where I told that we wanted
to write a driver code. I wanted to adapt my pcmcia_3.0.14 driver code
to _3.1.23? or newer and another one should care for the user space
IO-controlled code with this stuff... With matthias we should make this
final... and more stable. Is there a official SwapSmart2 spec for the
reflex20 to make it work more reliable??? David? Do you have some
contacts?

David, are you willed to cooperate with this pcmcia card we also would
support for our linuxtv distribution? matthias helped a little to get
informed about a implementation of a reflex20 card reader. I heard you
have announced a new advanced pc/sc-lite-api? Is this very different to
0.5.x??? How far is this from OCF and what is better or more standard?

Greetings,
mistert

--
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Elektrotechnik   convergence integrated media gmbh / HW
Chief