Hello,

Erik Pettersson wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right list to ask this question on, but here
> we go...

No it's not ;-D, this list is for questions about the MUSCLE
middleware, and there is an OpenCard list (indications on how
to subscribe can be found at http://www.opencard.org/ ) concerned
with OCF midleware questions. Now you are lucky that some people
are reading both ;-).

> I'm trying to install OCF1.2 and the Towitoko ChipDrive reader on an
> Solaris 8 server.
> What I need to know is how the configuration files
> (opencard.properties and reader.cfg)

I do not know about reader.cfg, as this is not standard in OCF..
you should look at the Towitoko CardTerminal's documentation
or sources for more details about this one. Now, for the
opencard.properties, I guess it should look like:

------
OpenCard.services = opencard.opt.util.PassThruCardServiceFactory
OpenCard.terminals =
com.gemplus.opencard.terminal.GemplusCardTerminalFactory|myreader|GCR410|/dev/ttyS1
OpenCard.trace = opencard:4 com.ibm:4 com.gemplus:4
------

just replace GemplusCardTerminalFactory by the right name,
e.g., TowitokoCardTerminalFactory (to be checked of course)
and /dev/sttyS1 by the right device name for your serial port.

Under Solaris, they used to be called /dev/ttya and /dev/ttyb
but maybe they are in the form of sttyS* now, like under Linux;
check by looking in your /dev directory.

Hope it'll help.

Cheers,
Christophe.

 = If I had more time, I would have written you a shorter letter. =
 =           -- Mark Twain.                                       =
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus Research Lab
Phone: +33 4-42-36-57-83 | Disclaimer: I don't speak for Gemplus
Gemplus doesn't speak for me... it is better that way!