-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Angie Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 6. Februar 2001 03:31
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: MUSCLE Smartcard program?

> It seems that a lot of the apps ive found are application
> specific.. a gsm card viewer, dss software, blahblahblah.  I jus want
> something that will show me whats on the card, regardless of what kind >
of card it is.  I am prolly asking for a lot and I am new to this so
> if there is something I'm missing, please enlighten me :)
> Much thanks..
>
> Angie.M

Hi,

unfortunately the generic application to show everything on a ISO or GSM
processor card is impossible. The only command, which is guaranteed to work
in ISO is "Select File", because that is independent of the security status.
This will only give you the information, that a file with the id given
exists.
If you are not able to determine from the response, whether it is a
dedicated file, (so you apply recursion there) the journey ends here. (The
response may well be proprietary, so standards don't help much and you need
a manual for the card in question to interpret the response finding out file
size, type, etc) Of course, the card might support the PCSC DIRECTORY
command to speed up the process, but if no strictly standardised application
demands that from the card ...

So you end up knowing which files exist. If you have no further information
about the application you will also not know, which access rights to acquire
using which pins or keys, so you might not be able to read anything. But a
tree view of the files on the card with non-descriptive ids is not overly
impressive.

Shortly summarised: a card is no floppy disk, and being designed to keep
information for itself any application will have a hard job to visualise
something.

hth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]