Dr S N Henson wrote:

> I've been testing out MUSCLE and some related software with some gemplus
> readers, all with RHL 6.1 2.2.12 kernel and RHL7.0 2.2.16 with
> backported USB and 2.4.5.
>
> I haven't got the USB reader GemPC430 to work though. All I get when I
> plug the reader in is a message saying no driver supports the device.
> This also happens with 2.4.5 kernel. Any pointers as to the possible
> cause?

Could you please copy the message, it would be very helpful. Also, what
do you use to install pcsc-lite: the tarball or a rpm package? Which
version is it?

Here is a list of possible cause:
- the first versions of the debian package were not compiled with USB
support, maybe it was the same for the rpms.
- if you have USB support compiled as module, you have to install the
usb-uhci module "by hand"
- if you get the following message, you may not have copied the bundle
to the right location.
pcscd:    pcscdaemon.c 126: /var/run/pcscd.pid
pcscd:    pcscdaemon.c 146: main: PC/SC Lite Daemon Ready.
pcscd: hotplug_linux.c 146: No bundle files in pcsc drivers directory

I hope this helps,
JLuc.