> "Pauley, John" wrote:
>
> All,
>
> First, sorry for the long post.
>
> My problem is that I have to authenticate the terminal with a GemPlus
> MPCOS-EMV smart card using the following algorithm (this is in the G+
> MPCOS-EMV manual):

[description deleted]

I'm not sure what your problem is but I have myself successfully
implemented the algorithm based on the information in the G+ manual,
though I think the references to CRnd7 to CRnd4 should be CRnd3 to CRnd0
since CRnd is only 4 bytes long.

The actual "3DES" algorithm used is also commonly referred to as "two
key triple DES" and it is ECB mode.

You may find the "GPK pilot" tool useful (available from G+ site). If
you can get it to initiate secure messaging with the trace activated you
can use the trace file to check your implementation.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]