Hi,

Check out this link:
http://www.corbina.ru/~versia23/ALLSAT/SatXpress/SmartCard/Iso7816-4.htm

This has some useful info about T=1 and T=0 protocols.

You can check the source code for Infineer Smartcard drivers  ( available under Source
drivers in download page in www.linuxnet.com ).
I followed the above webpage and ISO 7816 documents for writing it.
Your work depends on how the protocols are handled at the firmware level.

Regards
Hari

--

On 01 Aug 2001 22:43:43 -040
 Joe Phillips wrote:

>I've got a mostly working GPR400 PCSC IFD.  It's based on the PCMCIA
>driver found in the card-0.9.6.tar.gz file found on the MUSCLE website.
>
>By 'mostly working' I mean that I've used formaticc to send a few APDUs
>to a card and received the expected results.
>
>I'm having troubles understanding what the differences are between T=0
>and T=1 from the IFD developer perspective.  It's not apparent to me
>from looking through the other IFD source files.
>
>I have the Smart Card Developer's Kit and Java Card Technology for Smart
>Cards books already.  I understand that T=0 and T=1 are two different
>protocols for communication between the reader and the card.  It is not
>clear to me *how* they are different other than "one is byte oriented
>and the other is block oriented."
>
>Can anyone offer any insight into the differences, if possible, from the
>IFD developer perspective?  Can you point me to some documentation
>and/or code that will clear this up for me?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>-joe

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!