On 03/04/2016 11:28 AM, Jarek Polok wrote:
Hello list

Current rh collections contain git19 one and my
understanding is RH is not going to put a newer git
version in there anytime soon (?) ..

Definitely not into the existing collection, since the versions are not compatible. I don't think there is much other work being done towards git25 these days either.

In our place we have received numerous user requests
to provide git at least version 2.X on 6 and 7
platforms. We have also recently deployed a GitLab
site-wide installation which would profit from
using git >= 2.0 client (my understanding is that
this concerns gc.autoDetach option which prevents
"slow pushes" when garbage collection happens)

Therefore I would like to propose to introduce

sclo-git25 collection for 6 and 7

I think it would be an useful addon - and if there
is some interest I would like to start working on
packaging ..

Your opinions ?

Sounds good to me, the name looks fine to me as well.

Honza