Hi Honza,

On 09.02.2018 16:03, Honza Horak wrote:

It's been a while since I wrote an article about a cool feature that we introduced together with Software Collections packaging format, which is *the ability to share the environment on multiple machines by NFS sharing *[1].

The idea is very simple -- install Software Collections of your favorite application stack (say Python 3.6 + NodeJS 8) and mount the /opt/rh on workstations. That way you have the same environment on all machines.

Sounds nice, but how about config files that are installed in /etc/opt ?

Cheers,
Marek

Now, I'd like to request some feedback -- is there anybody on the list (or outside, but you at least know about it) who uses this feature for the Software Collections packages?

Please, let us know! If you can't share it publicly, just drop me a direct mail. Of course, more feedback is welcome, but even simple YES would be also cool.

[1] https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2015/06/29/maintain-software-collections-easily-on-thousands-of-machines-using-scl-register/

Thanks!
Honza

Marek Salwerowicz