On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 09:31 +0200, Yavor Nikolov wrote:
>  - and which is more important - when a new change is introduced in
> place X - I want to avoid changing all the other places which have
> nothing to do with that change X.

This is incorrect. The other places that appear to have nothing to do
with that change are the places where the change breaks.

You should not avoid changing it. You should want to test if it is
necessary to change it.

For example, a patch is supplied that adds support for some new version
of Bugzilla for add_comment, and the patch ignores tagging. Tagging is
not tested at all. The VDD is not tested at all. It appears that more
work is needed to change all those other places, but in fact those other
places are not tested.

If the change involves compatibility changes, they should be handled.
This won't change.