Hi Bill,

On 10.06.2014 20:03, William Deegan wrote:
Dirk,

I’d have to disagree.

That's okay. ;)

I don’t think new toolchain logic is imminent.
Having a clean build on buildbot across all the available platforms is a simple way to verify thinks are “OK”.

Right, and not all dots are "on the i" currently. The LaTeX support has a problem with biblatex vs. biber detection under Fedora (talked to Rob about this some time ago, but I don't know what the current status is), and the Gnu Java installation under SuSE doesn't understand the "-sourcepath" option. I can still install Sun Java instead, but the last time I suggested this you rather wanted to have the tests marked broken until someone fixed them.

So what has higher priority: "getting the slaves green" or "fixing things properly"?
(Yes, I know that this is over-simplified... ;) )

Probably can ignore the 2.6 failures though.. Perhaps I should retire that buildbot slave?

I wouldn't mind, or would upgrading to 2.7 be an option?

Regards,

Dirk