Hi William,

On 01.02.2016 22:57, William Blevins wrote:

[...]

I think that a script of this nature should be revision controlled with the
software release that it is related to. I'm not sure
when this script should be removed sadly. I wish I could recommend doing it in
the commit immediately after the first SCons release
containing the change, but seems that many SCons users don't really keep
up-to-date, so there is a definite possibility for people
skipping versions of the software.

my thoughts go into this direction too. We could wait a few releases, and then move the script to the top-level "bin" folder of the repo...where all other tool/utility scripts are.
It would still be available like this for an immediate download straight from
the repo, if people continue to use it.

@Vasily: It's okay for the script to be clearly visible, that's the whole point about it. Users that need it for their migration tasks should be able to find it with the least amount of effort. They already have to do some "silly" migration tasks, so why should we make it artificially harder for them?

Best regards,

Dirk