Chic said:
> I know what you mean, but just because the story was done really
> badly at a time when most stories were done really badly by Hollywood
> doesn't mean it can't be saved.

Not sure it needs saved- it's fantasy. It's only a problem if folks start
taking bits seriously (like authentic funeral-dancing).  It would be simpler
to explain to non-Scots that it is set in a land which is only a little bit
like Scotland.  A bit like the portrayal of Germany in 'Springtime for
Hitler'.

> ...  The basic storyline of a
> disappearing village which re-appears with inhabitants for whom time
> has not passed is in fact potentially a very useful literary device.

Something like the General Assembly ?

Derek