At 11:16 AM 10/10/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Thank you so much to everyone who was willing to offer information on
birls (cuts or triplets) and help me as I muddle along with my
self-tutoring!  I'm really enjoying "Crossing the Minch" and need to begin
a search on some compatible tunes for a set... any suggestions?

>I love this newsgroup and find you all to be fun, funny, helpful and kind.
 Thank you!

>Dianne

        Actually your question about that tune the other day got me started
listening to both Winston's and Bill Lamey's recordings of it. I think
for the most part they both played the cuts on downbows, which I do too.
However I'm not quite sure what I'm hearing in the fourth turn.
        How about playing The Farmer's Daughter after McNabb's?

Wendy

X:1
T:The Farmer's Daughter
M:4/4
L:1/8
C:Scottish Traditional
R:Reel
K:D
B|d2 de f2 ef|dedB d/d/d AB|d2 de f2 ea|cAeA cAAB|
d2 de f2 ef|dedB d/d/d dg|fgag f2 ef|A/A/A eA cAA:|
c|d2 f2 B/B/B fB|cBfB cBBc|d2 eA A/A/A eA|cAeA cAAc|
d2 f2 B/B/B fB|cBfB cBBc|d2 ag f2 ef|A/A/A eA cAA:|