>>> Just been announced Jimmy Shand died last night, aged 92.
>> Appropriate tune for just now: Welcome Christmas Morning...
> Why, what is it? Is it one of Jimmy's tunes?

Yep - several people mentioned it on the commemorative "Take the Floor"
last night, and Robbie played Jimmy's own recording of it (which Ian
Powrie apparently plays every Christmas morning).

: Robbie Shepherd said in a tribute on the radio tonight that Jimmy Shand
: is up there with Niel Gow as a major figure.  That made me think- what
: will his influence be in a hundred years time?

Probably more than Niel Gow's, he was a far more creative composer.  As
players, neither was very innovative, were they?  They were simply the
best in their respective eras at idioms that were already established.